OPI has adopted SMBIOS for DPUs and IPUs
SMBIOS is used for local access inside the DPUs and IPUs to get BIOS and System information about DPUs and IPUs
- SMBIOS is a standard way to get similar information from servers, so DPUs and IPUs adoption make sense
- On Linux one can access SMBIOS info locally via dmidecode or /sys/class/dmi/id/, as an example
- SMBIOS provides those types of information:
- OPI will define mandatory tables and fields for OPI compliance.
- OPI will produce smbios-validation-tool like google
- Check more info in Provisioning TWG